Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Correction, Corrahction

As you all know, I am NOT a doctor but sometimes I'm able to fake it with the best of them and outline issues, medications and potential symptoms or impact.  However, in my last post, as I found out from my ill-guided NP at Mt Sinai this week, I was incorrect in my description.  I do have Basal Cell Carcinoma (or had it and have since had it removed) but I do NOT have Melanoma so cannot refer to myself with the alliteration diseases: melanoma and myeloma!

Basal cell is one type of skin cancer and is the easiest to deal with and treat.  Once you cut it out, if you get all of it, it's gone.  It doesn't spread and you don't have to worry about it.  The squamous cell carcinoma is apparently a step above but still easily dealt with whereas Melanoma is the worst kind of skin cancer to deal with.

I'm leaving my descriptions there but needed to clarify that my prior post was just a load of gibberish as usual where this post is much more factual and well spoke!

:)

No comments: