Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting to Know Yin and Yang

Someone was responding to my comment about balancing work and drugs, "if you figure that out, let me know."  Well - I've not quite figured that out.  Yesterday I took two pills when I woke up but I went straight to a client's office.  After being there for a bit my feet were flaring up so I figured I would take one more as the first two weren't really working.  Needless to say, by the time I got back to the office I had realized I was truly quite worthless.  In a conversation I could hold my own as I was able to focus on one topic.  But at my desk, responding to emails, answering questions, and just listening to the general hullaballoo in the office I was a mess.  I just couldn't keep my thoughts in one place and kept losing track like I was Gilbert Grape!  There was an astonishing brilliance surrounded by a blithering idiot!

I think the perfect analogy was a joke sent by a friend.  The CEO of a company was standing in front of the shredder holding a piece of paper.  He obviously couldn't figure out how to get the machine to work.  Some low life peon in the company structure came along and offered to help.  The CEO just said he couldn't figure out that darn machine.  The Peon proceeded to feed the paper in the shredder.  As the boss was walking away, he looked over his shoulder and said, "I just need two copies, thank you!"

That was me - time to get back on the scooter and work on my balance!

No comments: