Wednesday, March 10, 2010

There is a cure!

For Hiccups! (sorry, had you going there for a minute, didn't I!)

You'll need two people or a very coordinated mouth.  Apparently the Dex is causing hiccups this time versus the acid reflux last time.  But these hiccups stay with you for quite awhile.  So here's the cure.

You'll need to be drinking water while holding your ears closed (pushing on the nubs over the ear hole so that no air can get in or out).  I said no way and was immediately resolved after trying this, in a cab, heading downtown.  It worked immediately and the person that taught me swore it has never failed.

So there's my two bits!

3 comments:

DefconDan said...

Man I could have used this a few days ago. Question is, how much of an extra tip did you give the cabbie for holding your ears to your head while you drank.

rugbyhubby said...

I think the bigger question is who was driving while the cabbie was doing this? And how was he able to do it while reaching back through that little passthrough from the front seat!

Beth said...

Dex used to give me terrible hiccups. The remedy I used is described here: http://www.myelomablog.com/2003/09/02/pressure-point-for-hiccups/