Sunday, February 10, 2013

SCT Day 12 - Going Home!

So I got clearance to head home today!  This hasn't been told to the kids so for those that know them please don't say anything so I can surprise them tonight.  My numbers have come back but they've not yet printed me anything (asked three time thus far!)  Bottom line, they're letting me go!  Here's what I have to do:

- Platelet transfusion - my platelets went up from 29 to 37 but normal is 150.  As a precautionary effort they're going to give me one more bag of platelets.  I don't think it will be an issue but I understand their precautions.


- Neupogen - they're also going to give me a shot of Neupogen (injection in the belly fat - easy to find on me!).  This is to help boost the WBC count which jumped to 12 today!  They're concerned it may drop again - me, I don't think that's happening but they're being cautious so I won't bitch!

- Remove The Tube! - once all this is done they will remove the tube - the port that's been in me since day 1!  I doubt they'll take a picture of the tube that's removed but I'll ask - nothing like a gory pic!

Now i need to be cautious at home and make sure I keep myself safe.  However, I'll be home, in my own bed and with my kids!  I can't wait to get there!

3 comments:

nursemommy0728 said...

YAY! I'm so stoked for you :) Do take it easy and take good care of yourself though...

tahoegirl.blog said...

Wow,on day 12, that is remarkable. I'm happy for you, there's nothing better than your own bed, and to see your kids.

Terrij said...

Great news! Be careful your immune system is weak. Sanitize! Sanitize!