Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Puberty - again?!?

Today is the second treatment day in cycle2. Like cycle1, I am experiencing a reaction to the revlimid - at least this time I was prepared for it. On Sunday I felt it coming on and took a zyrtec to fight the itch before it came. I never got the itch like last time but I'm definitely having the reaction.
Where my gut, back and legs all feel 45 years old, my forehead looks like I'm 15! Across my entire forehead is an acne style breakout caused by my reaction to the revlimid. To add superhero status to this, I have two, almost glowing, red marks on the inside of my eye socket giving me a very otherworldly look as if I could leap talk buildings (of course the suit kills the look but I'll work on that.) My ears are also flaming red on the top and behind in reaction to the rev.
But I'll take puberty anytime if it's going to get rid of this mess inside of me. At least I don't have to worry about any Jr High dances or asking girls out!
I'm getting treatment as we speak and just got this morning's labs back.
- blood basics are the same although my hemoglobin count is increasing (which is good)
- for the first time my "page1" of the labs has NOTHING "out of range"!
- globulin dropped to 3.7
- total protein at 7.7
- calcium at 8.7
All normal!
On that note, I'll close for the day with this thought: be thankful for all you have, be helpful with all you can - just always make sure you're having fun and have a pint for me! I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: